USAF Patch Airlift USAFE c 513 TAW RAF Mildenhall Welfare MWR TM
Click To Enlarge

USAF Patch Airlift USAFE c 513 TAW RAF Mildenhall Welfare MWR TM

Price: $28.99
  • Free Shipping:
  • Item #: 1P 02US 4USA 03FLT 2OP 0513WG 09
Availability: Out-of-Stock

USAF Patch USAFE 513 Tactical Airlift Wing TAW Morale Welfare Recreation Team Mildenhall Maurauder Pirate Mascot RAF Mildenhall 1980s Embroidered on twill merrowed edge 101mm four inches diameter.

Free Shipping

History  

513 Troop Carrier Group Special was activated on 19 November 1948 at Rhein Main AB Germany equipped with C 54 Skytrain transport aircraft assigned to United States Air Forces in Europe to transport food coal and other supplies to Berlin during Operation Vittles the Berlin airlift. 513 TCGS was inactivated on 16 October 1949.  

513 Troop Carrier Group Assault Fixed Wing was reactivated on 8 November 1955 at Sewart AFB equipped with C 119 Flying Boxcar transport aircraft assigned to Tactical Air Command. The Group reequipped with C 123 Provider aircraft in 1956 and participated in tactical exercises operations troop drops and airlift in support of construction of the Distant Early Warning DEW Line stations in the American Arctic before inactivating on 8 October 1957.  

513 Troop Carrier Wing was reactivated on 6 April 1966 at Evreux Fauville Air Base France assigned to USAFE before relocating to RAF Mildenhall in July 1966 on the closure of French bases to US and NATO Units. The Wing with Squadrons rotating to Europe equipped with C 130 Hercules and C 124 Globemaster II provided intra theater airlift in support of US Air Forces in Europe European Command and NATO operations and exercises. The Wing also maintained operational control of 7120 ACCS EC 135s airborne command posts Silk Purse Operations and acted as host organization for US units at RAF Mildenhall. The Wing was redesignated 513 Tactical Airlift Wing on 1 July 1967 and 7120 ACCS was redesignated 10 Airborne Command and Control Squadron in 1970.  

513 TAW was redesignated 513 Airborne Command and Control Wing 513 ACCW on 18 June 1987 with responsibility for the E 3 Sentry AWACS aircraft at RAF Mildenhall and was inactivated on 31 January 1992 with its RAF Mildenhall base role assigned to newly activated 100 Air Refueling Wing.  

513 Air Control Group was activated at Tinker AFB Oklahoma on 15 March 1996 equipped with E 3 Sentry AWACS as part of the Reserve participating in worldwide contingency operations and counter drug missions. 

 

This patch dates from the 1980s.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Reviews (0) Write a Review
No Reviews. Write a Review