RCAF Patch Sqn Royal Canadian Air Force 444 Squadron THS Germany
Click To Enlarge

RCAF Patch Sqn Royal Canadian Air Force 444 Squadron THS Germany

Price: $32.99
  • Free Shipping:
  • Item #: 1P 03CA 1CAF 01SQ 2OP 0444SQ 01
Availability: Out-of-Stock

RCAF Patch Royal Canadian Air Force 444 Tactical Helicopter Squadron THS Patch 1980s CH 136 Kiowa CFB Lahr Germany Embroidered on twill merrowed edge 65mm two and nine sixteenth inches diameter.

Free Shipping

 

444 Fighter Squadron Cobra was activated in March 1953 at RCAF Station St Hubert Quebec equipped with F-86 Mk IV Sabre aircraft. The Squadron was commited to RCAF contribution to NATO in Europe and on 25 August 1953 444 Fighter Squadron in Op Leap Frog IV began flying its Sabres to Europe to join 4 Fighter Wing at RCAF Station Baden Soellingen Germany. The Squadron upgraded first to MK V then to Mk VI Sabres before inactivation on 1 March 1963 for reequipping.

On 27 May 1963 the Squadron was reactivated as 444 Strike Attack Squadron at CFB Baden Soellingen with F 104 Starfighter aircraft for the nuclear strike role. 444 Strike Attack Squadron was deactivated on 1 April 1967 on the RCAFs reduction of its European Air Division strength to six squadrons.

The Squadron reactivated as 444 Tactical Helicopter Squadron on 1 October 1972 at CFB Lahr Germany taking over the Armys CH 112 Nomad helicopters and immediately reequipping with CH 136 Kiowa helicopters as an integral unit of 4 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group 4 CMBG to provide Tactical Aviation Support to 4CMBG including the integration of attack helicopters of other allied armies. In addition to the RCAF personnel the Squadron integrated Army personnel from C Squadron the Royal Canadian Dragoons the Air Observation Post Air OP troop of the 1st Regiment
Royal Canadian Horse Artillery the Command and Liaison Flight of 4CMBG HQ and Sigs Sqn and the Aircraft Platoon of 4 Service Battalion. The Squadron was disbanded on 1 April 1992 as part of the withdrawal of Canadian Forces from Europe.

The Squadron reformed as 444 Combat Support Squadron in 1993 at CFB Goose Bay Canada equipped with CH 146 Griffon helicopters in the Search and Rescue role.

 

This patch dates from the 1980s.

Reviews (0) Write a Review
No Reviews. Write a Review