RCAF Patch Sqn Royal Canadian Air Force 416 Squadron Escadron
Click To Enlarge

RCAF Patch Sqn Royal Canadian Air Force 416 Squadron Escadron

Price: $24.99
  • Free Shipping:
  • Item #: 1P 03CA 1CAF 01SQN 1CR 0416SQ 01
Availability: Out-of-Stock

RCAF Patch 416 Tactical Fighter Squadron Escadron Royal Canadian Air Force Crest Patch Queens Crown 1990s CF 18 Hornet CFB Cold Lake Embroidered on twill merrowed edge 107mm by 76mm four and one quarter inches by three inches.

Free Shipping´╗┐

Squadron History

416 Squadron Lynx was reformed at RCAF Station Uplands on 28 September 1952 equipped with Sabre fighters for air defence operations in Europe as part of Canadas Cold War NATO commitment under 2 Fighter Wing. The Squadron flew its Sabres across the Atlantic to RCAF Station Grostenquin France with 421 and 430 Squadrons as part of Operation Leapfrog 2 September October 1952 a full Wing effort with 56 Sabres flown overseas. 416 Squadron was disbanded on 1 February 1957. The Squadron was given the honour of incorporating City Of Oshawa in its title.

The Squadron reactivated as 416 City Of Oshawa All Weather Fighter Squadron AWF on 31 March 1957 at RCAF St Hubert equipped with CF 100 Canuck all weather fighters tasked with air defence. The Squadron reequipped with CF 101 Voodoo fighter interceptors and relocated to RCAF Station Chatham in 1962.

In 1985 the Squadron the worlds last front line Voodoo operator moved to CFB Cold Lake Alberta converted CF 18 Hornet tactical fighter aircraft and was redesignated 416 City of Oshawa Tactical Fighter Squadron 416 TFS. The Squadron deployed to Doha Qatar in the Persian Gulf in 1990 as part of the Canadian response to the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait in 1990 forming the Desert Cats with 439 Squadron and took part in combat operations. 416 TFS was inactivated on 6 July 2006 when it was amalgamated with 441 Tactical Fighter Squadron to form 409 Tactical Fighter Squadron.

 

 

This patch dates from the 1990s.

Reviews (0) Write a Review
No Reviews. Write a Review