RCAF Patch Sqn Royal Canadian Air Force 412 Squadron Escadrille
Click To Enlarge

RCAF Patch Sqn Royal Canadian Air Force 412 Squadron Escadrille

Price: $29.99
  • Free Shipping:
  • Item #: 1P 03CA 1CAF 01SQN 1CR 0412SQ 01
* Marked fields are required.
Availability: In-Stock
Qty: *

RCAF Patch 412 Transport Squadron Escadrille VIP Royal Canadian Air Force Crest Patch Queens Crown Early 1980s Falcon 20 CC 144 Challenger CFB Uplands Embroidered on twill cut edge 109mm by 75mm four and one quarter inches by two and nine sixteenth inches.

Free Shipping´╗┐

Squadron History

412 Composite Squadron Falcon was activated on 1 April 1947 on the redesignation of 12 Communications Flight at RCAF Station Rockcliffe for general transport and VIP duties with a variety of aircraft including Norseman CC 129 Dakota CC 128 Expeditor. The Squadron was renamed 412 Transport Squadron on 1 April 1949 and that year added a CL 5 North Star to the fleet with two Comets arriving in 1953 to enhance world wide transport capability. In 1955 the Squadron moved to RCAF Station Uplands Ottawa. A CL 66 Cosmopolitan was received in 1960 and two CL 44
Yukons configured for VIP transport in 1961 which provided a weekly service to RCAF Base Marville France and Gatwick England. The Comets were retired in 1963 and the North Star in 1966. The Squadron added seven Falcon 20s in 1968 and maintained a detachment at NORAD HQ Cheyenne Mountain Colorado USA. The Yukons were retired in 1978 and the Cosmopolitan in 1980.

In the late 1970s a permanent 412 T Squadron detachment was established at CFB Lahr in West Germany equipped with a Cosmopolitan aircraft. A Dash 7 took over from the Cosmopolitan in 1980 which was replaced by two Dash 8s in 1987. The Detachment was disbanded as part of the Canadian Forces withdrawal from Europe in 1993.

The Squadron received two CC 144 Challenger business jets in 1983 providing global VIP coverage and with the retirement its Falcon 20s in 1985 six more CC 144 Challengers were obtained.

In 1994 CFB Ottawa Uplands closed and 412 Transport Squadrons fleet was relocated to a civilian hangar at Ottawa International Airport with the CC 144 Challenger jets maintained by Transport Canada on behalf of the Canadian Forces. 412 Transport Squadron remained assigned to 8 Wing CFB Trenton and with the additional tasking of civilian VIP transport from the Canadian Department Of Transport continues to provide transport for high level government officials globally and foreign VIPs while in Canada.

 

 

This patch dates from the early 1980s.

Reviews (0) Write a Review
No Reviews. Write a Review