RCAF Patch Sqn Royal Canadian Air Force 410 TF OT Squadron FWC
Click To Enlarge

RCAF Patch Sqn Royal Canadian Air Force 410 TF OT Squadron FWC

Price: $27.99
  • Free Shipping:
  • Item #: 1P 03CA 1CAF 01SQ 2OP 0410SQ 04
* Marked fields are required.
Availability: In-Stock
Qty: *

RCAF Patch 410 Tactical Fighter Operational Training Squadron Fighter Weapons Controller FWC Course Royal Canadian Air Force Cougars Patch 1990s CF 18 Hornet CFB Cold Lake Embroidered on twill merrowed edge 77mm three inches diameter.

Free Shipping

410 Fighter Squadron Cougars was activated on 1 December 1948 at RCAF Station St Hubert with Vampire aircraft as the first post war Regular Force fighter unit and the first to operate the Vampire. In May 1949 the Squadron formed the Blue Devils aerobatics team to demonstrate the
abilities of the new Vampire aircraft in formation flying which provided displays until August 1951. The Squadron was the first to convert to Sabre
fighters in November 1951 and relocated to RCAF Station North Luffenham England and the first to join 1 Fighter Wing of 1 Air Division Europe as part of the Canadian contribution to NATO. On 15 November 1954 the Squadron moved to RCAF Station Baden Soellingen West Germany under 4 Fighter Wing. 410 FS relocated to RCAF Station Marville France on 19 April 1955 returning to 1 Fighter Wing. In 1956 it was decided to replace one Sabre squadron in each of 1 Air Divisions four fighter wings with an all weather fighter squadron and following 445 AWF Squadron arrival at RCAF Station Marville from Canada 410 Fighter Squadron was deactivated on 1 October 1956. 

410 All Weather Fighter AWF Squadron reactivated at RCAF Station Uplands Ontario on 1 November 1956 with CF 100 Canuck aircraft tasked with air defence for North American Air Defence Command under RCAF Air Defence Command. The Squadron deployed to RCAF Station Namao for conversion to CF 101 Voodoos under 425 AWF Squadron from 11 November to 22 December 1961 returning to Uplands to become the first operational CF 101 Voodoo squadron resuming their air defence alert commitment on 25 December 1961. As a result of defence cuts 410 AWF Squadron was disbanded on 1 April 1964.

3 AWF OTU All Weather Fighter Operating Training Unit which trained pilots and navigators for the three operational RCAF Voodoo squadrons at CFB Bagotville was renamed 410 AWF OTU All Weather Fighter Operating Training Squadron in 1968 to train the three remaining operational Voodoo squadrons defending Canada. 

On 11 June 1982 the Squadron was redesignated 410 Tactical Fighter Operational Training Squadron relocated to CFB Cold Lake and received the RCAFs first CF 18 Hornet aircraft tasked with training Hornet pilots. The Squadron established its Fighter Weapons Course in 1985 with Fighter Weapons Instructor Courses FWIC and a Fighter Electronic Warfare and Advanced Radar FEWAR Courses provided annually. 410 TF OT Squadron formed the Fighter Operational Test and Evaluation Flight FOTEF responsible for operational testing and evaluation including precision guided munitions and night vision devices in the Hornet. The Squadron celebrated their 50th anniversary on 30 June 1991 and in 2009 provided the CF 18 Demonstration Pilot and the air display CF 18 Hornet for the airshow season.

 

 

This patch dates from the 1980s.

Reviews (0) Write a Review
No Reviews. Write a Review