RCAF Patch Sqn Royal Canadian Air Force 406 Squadron Escadrille
Click To Enlarge

RCAF Patch Sqn Royal Canadian Air Force 406 Squadron Escadrille

Price: $29.99
  • Free Shipping:
  • Item #: 1P 03CA 1CAF 01SQN 1CR 0406SQ 01
Availability: Out-of-Stock

RCAF Patch 406 Maritime Operational Training Squadron Escadrille Royal Canadian Air Force Crest Patch Queens Crown Early 1980s CH 124 Sea King helicopter CFB Shearwater Embroidered on felt cut edge 104mm by 76mm four and one eighth inches by three inches.

Free Shipping´╗┐

Squadron History

406 Tactical Bomber Squadron Auxiliary Lynx was activated as a reserve unit on 1 April 1947 at RCAF Station Saskatoon with B 25 Mitchell
light bombers for tactical bombing and Harvard and T 33 Silver Star aircraft for reconnaissance and army co operation duties. The Squadron was redesignated 406 Light Bomber Squadron on 1 April 1949 and was given the title City of Saskatoon on 3 September 1952.

The Squadron was renamed 406 City of Saskatoon Squadron in March 1958 retasked for light transport and emergency rescue and re-equipped
with C 45 Expeditor and CSR 123 Otter aircraft before disbanding on 1 April 1964.

The Squadron was reactivated as 406 City of Saskatoon Maritime Operational Training Squadron on 12 July 1972 at CFB Shearwater with CH 124 Sea
King helicopter and the CP 121 Tracker ASW aircraft under 12 Wing. In mid 1981 the Tracker aircraft were assigned to 880 Maritime Reconnaissance Squadron at CFB Summerside in the Maritime Fisheries Patrol role which left 406 MOTS responsible for Sea King training. The Squadron currently provides trained air and ground crews for 423 and 443 Maritime Helicopter Squadrons.

 

This patch dates from the early 1980s.

Reviews (0) Write a Review
No Reviews. Write a Review